Surfboard Design Outline
Parallel and Continuous Curves
These are surfboards that have nearly straight lines in the template of the surfboard.
Surfboards with parallel outlines are not board specific they can be found on every type of surfboard, these outlines are the most functional when coupled with areas of continuous curve integrated into the outline.
- A parallel surfboard (shortboard, longboard, semi-gun, hybrid etc.) outline will have almost straight curves in the template that run “parallel” to the center line of the surfboard. These prevailing straight lines lends itself to more surface area further up the nose and down the tail of the board. This can create a surfboard that wants to do long drawn outturns, and facilitate speed, have stability and promote the all important style factor— trimming !!
- Shortboards generally don’t have parallel lines through out the whole board because it will inhibit the board from doing any sort of the “modern” turns- quick,fast radical maneuvers.
- The modern shortboard will have a section of parallel near the wide point, running just past the widepoint on either side. Basically close to where to your front and back foot are.
Now couple that with some continuous curves near the tail and nose , and you can get a board that is fast yet still has the ability to be thrown around.
- Extended Parallel outlines are fairly common with classic longboards and nose riders. The elongated parallel lines promote down the line trim and nose riding, by lengthening the amount of rail in the water.
Performance longboards will have parallel lines in the widepoint and midsection of their outlines but not as much parallel running up and down thetail as the old school longboards.The shorter parallel lines matched with more curves into the nose and tail of the modern longboards createsan outline that will be able to do some old school longboarding but also some modern day turns.
Continuous Curve Outlines
This outline is just what it means curvy.
- Curvy outlines are most commonly found on modern shortboards. These boards have a more or less continuous curve from nose to tail
- Because a continuous curve reduces the amount of rail that comes in contact with the wave, these boards aren’t made for just crusing and trimming. They are made to be be surfed rail-to-rail, pumping and turning to achieve speed.
- The continuous curve outlined surfboard will employ a variety of bottom contours to achieve different results.
For example a continuous curve outline used in conjunction with a flatter more relaxed rocker profile makes a surfboard that maintains acceleration and drive out of the turns but still carve a very tight turn.
The guys at Natural Curves boards explain hybrid surfboard outlines here.
“Hybrid” outlines feature combinations of strong parallel lines and smooth continuous curves in the distribution and configuration of the surface area of the surfboard. They are common to all classes of surfboards. (Shortboards, semi guns, big wave guns, tow boards, hybrids, funboards, and longboards.) Typically, these outlines have parallel lines in the widepoint of the surfboard carrying forward towards the nose and aft towards the hips and tail. An elongated continuous curve carries the plan shape or template into the nose and a shorter curve or “hip” carries the outline into the fins and tail. This curve or “hip” may continue through the tail or straighten into the tail depending on the preferred performance goal of the surfer, shaper, designer. Matching various types of curves in the surfboard’s outline arguably yields a very versatile and functional outline. This is the expected result of using the most functional and relevent curves as an appropriate response to the performance requirements and the other design variables (rocker, bottom contours, foil, rails, and fins) of a surfboard. (The performance requirements of the surfboard are a product of the skill of the surfer, the range of conditions it will be used in, and the intent of the surfboard’s design.)
Online directory is a great way to find a health care provider in your area who treats this kind of soundness conditions. Nowadays, almost 40 percent of Americans buy medicaments online. Certainly most popular is viagra. Have a question about viagra and “generic viagra online“? Currently, there are many options for humanity who suffer from such disease. Did learned some about “viagra generic name“? More info about viagra available at “viagra”. Orgasm problems can generally indicate problems in other area. Also, the only way to avoid phony drugs is to purchase prescription medicines like viagra from a well-thought-of online drugstore with which you are familiar.